use joomla member profile

Category: Sociable 6 months ago

Hi

I will need to list the members, according to different criteria. For the moment this is not possible with Sociable, but I am looking to use the custom fields of the com_user profiles of joomla, to be compatible with other extensions.
Are you going to develop this functionality one day? I make this suggestion?
otherwise do you have any suggestions for me?
At a minimum it will certainly be essential to have a link to display the profile of the joomla member (an analogy with the link for the author of an article) / front-end.

Regards

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: use joomla member profile

by » 6 months ago

Can you please explain the little more feature details? Where do you want to list the users?

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS ToolsCjFit | CjBlog

by » 6 months ago

Hello,

Example of my old community extension which was not 100% joomla compatible!
    The fundamental points for us are
    a) filtering can be done on the custom fields of com_users (members) of Joomla.
    b) the link to the same Joomla profile

Regards

33300_2_Screenshot_2020-06-23 Users List.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 5 months ago

But sociable do not use fields from com_users component, it has its own fields. However, the same field types can be used in Sociable. I can filter the users based on Sociable fields. If we need to use com_users fields, we need to make some code changes to use Joomla com_users component fields, however you will not have the option of using multiprofiles feature. But I think it is good idea to have the option of switching between com_users fields and sociable fields so that you will have flexibility of choosing whichever you want for your site. Can you post a feature request on https://www.corejoomla.com/suggest-an-idea.html so that I can implement these changes?

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 5 months ago

Hi,

I was afraid of that!
    For years, I used community builder (free and paid) and I lost a lot of members. I switched to EasyProfil which said it was 100% compatible with Joomla but that was not true!
    I don't understand why you made this choice !? since you manage the joomla custom field well and your functionalities are really an essential and fundamental overlay for a community site.
    I love your extension but this is the fundamental point so that I can use it with other extensions.
    What solutions would be possible?
    The ideal is of course compatibility with com_users but do you want to go in this direction?
    The minimum would be: when I click on the avatar or nickname I can view the member's profile page. How to do ?

Regards

by » 5 months ago

I don't think it would be a big change as Sociable is already using Joomla fields (the same ones used by com_users). I will provide an option to use which fields you want to use (com_sociable or com_users) in the component options. The integration will be seamless and you wouldn't see any difference except the fact that you cannot use profiles. i.e. whatever the fields available on com_users with current user access level will be shown.

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 5 months ago

HI,

Thank you for your quick answers and your listening ?
    When it is possible to give the choice to the user, I find it interesting rather than putting it in a closed situation.
    These are the points that make the difference between different similar extensions.
    After a few more tests and in particular of the new version, I will give an opinion on the JED, based on my experience. For the moment it is good.
    As for the other thread on the groups, I suggest making an article on the advantage of using the custom fields joomla on com_sociable / cm_users

Regards

by » 5 weeks ago

maverick wrote:

I don't think it would be a big change as Sociable is already using Joomla fields (the same ones used by com_users). I will provide an option to use which fields you want to use (com_sociable or com_users) in the component options. The integration will be seamless and you wouldn't see any difference except the fact that you cannot use profiles. i.e. whatever the fields available on com_users with current user access level will be shown.

Hello

Due to some problems and requests, I have not yet used your extension 🙄.
    Has this point been resolved or will it be in the near future?

Regards

by » 5 weeks ago

This was no as easy as I initially thought. When digging into deeper, I found more issues. Implementing this will have an impact on many places.

1. Registration form cannot be customized to have multiple profiles

2. All users will have the same profile in the site which is a deal-breaker for many.

3. The fields values could not be saved within sociable without custom code hacks. It's bad as it may break in the future Joomla releases.

I think such a feature is useful to only experienced users with Joomla. I am trying to implement this feature in a decoupled manner so that it will be executed independent of the profile system and using com_users functions (so that there is no dependency for having custom code hacks).

Sociable | Surveys | 

by » 5 weeks ago

Hello

Ah I wonder if you understood me correctly because I didn't think it would be very complicated either!
    I give my previous request

Example of my old community extension which was not 100% joomla compatible!
    The fundamental points for us are
    a) filtering can be done on the custom fields of com_users (members) of Joomla.
    b) the link to the same Joomla profile

Several of my sites now easily use native extensions: com_content, com_contact but also third-party extensions: com_calendar ... The use of custom fields allows to realize a large number of functionalities: directory but also interactions with other components , module ... I think this is really the future of Joomla

Regards

by » 5 weeks ago

I guess, the best way is to provide an option to include com_users fields as one of the fields page in the profile. This will allow us to use com_sociable fields along side the com_users fields.

Sociable | Surveys | 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.