[fixed] wysiwyg 'about me' editor error

ruud
ruud
  • ruud
  • 10 months ago
Hi,

I know that because I have made some changes to the code to switch from the wysiwysbb editor to the default wysiwyg editor, my support has ended :) but as this is an improvement and maybe an easy fix please stay with me...
Because I had a lot of profiles already on html the bbcode editor was for me just not useful, besides that the user is used to working with the default wysiwyg editor and not with the bbcode editor.

just noticed that I have an issue:
when a user edits his/her 'about me' profile: the wysiwyg editor just works fine, but changes made to the profile are not saved (no error prompted). When a new user tries it, the editor works just fine, but the profile cannot be saved.
The following message is prompted (it is in dutch so I made a translation):
Error! missing required fields, please try again

the 'about me' info is not saved.
When I hide (via [hide/show] above editor) the editor, I am able to save the profile and afterwards edit (but not save) the profile with the editor enabled.

Is there something that I missed when I made those changes?

This is what I changed:
in file: components/com_cjblog/views/users/tmpl/default.php
<div class="muted padbottom-5"><?php echo CJFunctions::substrws(CJFunctions::parse_html($user['about'], false, false, false));?></div>

and in file: components/com_cjblog/views/profile/tmpl/default.php
change wysiwygbb into wysiwyg (without bb)

Hope somebody can point my in the right direction to solve this :)
regards,
Ruud.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 2 of 2 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai