Url of a question changes and user hit a 404 page

Vin
Vin
  • Vin
  • 4 months ago

Good morning.

I have a problem.

I have a "My answers" menu item. This shows the questions where the user has participated with his answers.

I noticed that trying to access some questions from there, the user hit a 404 page. I found out that over time, regardless of whether or not you edit any part of that question, the ID of the question, the number in the url just after the category, changes, but the link to that question still tries to link to the old url, with the previous ID, resulting in a 404 page.

Please note: that doesn't happen to all the questions, just some of them, and I don't understand why; at first I thought that was because I edited the title of the question from the backend, but it clearly it's not the reason because some questions are still accessible from the My Answers menu item after changing their titles: the ID doesn't change.

Therefore: 

1. what makes the ID of a question to change?
  2. is that normal that the link to the questions listed in the My Answers menu item still tries to link to the old url? Can it be fixed?

Thank you

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 10 of 10 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai