Subcategories not working

livetemp
livetemp
  • livetemp
  • 9 months ago

Hello,

I installed J3.4.1 and CJlib, installed latest comm answers on the default Joomla install of template protstar and I enable all category options, empty categories, subcategory level all, enabled in menu and global options.

My categories are as following, with a question in every category.

Root

-  Fruit

- Tropical 

- Garden

- Veg

- Tropical 

- Garden

I set the main menu option to "Category Lists", and menu option is Questions, when I click the menu item, I see none of the subcategories, all the plugins are enabled.

I have no other corejoomla software installed. I just wanted the comm answers component.

Aside this sometimes the main categories links lose there blue link color and come up as black and the format is also sometime comes up as jumpled, ie looks like the css has disappeared so it looks like text without the proper css formatting.

It does not look like the demo community answers where you click the questions link, and see the subcategories neatly displayed in the box

titled Categories.

A future suggestion at some point is doing a step by step tutorial for making the component look like each of the demo components.

Thanks.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 6 of 6 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai