Automatically adding newly registered Joomla users to discussion forum

drklewis
drklewis
  • drklewis
  • 4 months ago

Hello

I have recently installed CJForum and it is works with existing registered Joomla users (after pressing the sync button in the component users section) but it does not seem to allow for any additional Joomla users added through frontend registration to appear as forum members and edit their profile.

New users through frontend registration appear in the Joomla users list automatically and can view the discussion forum but if you click on their username and try to edit their profile without manually syncing them first, you get the error message 'Checkout failed with the following error:'

Can you help? I need users to be able to register themselves in the frontend and still use the discussion forum (including setting up a profile) without any manual backend administrator input. This is a make or break feature for my use of the component.

I am assuming this is possible but I cannot find the answer in the documentation.

Thanks

Kevin

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 2 of 2 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai