cjForum pagination issues

Category: CjForum 3 years ago

I just installed CjForum on our test server, and working through configuration. I have Load bootstrap ON ( before that, the forum jump dropdown was broken)...  but generally everything is working OK, except this:

In a post, pagination is broken. ( see attached picture)

Pagination for the categories is also BROKEN the same way

The category list display of thread with it's OWN little pagination within the thread block IS working fine, though...

16777_1_cjForum-pagination.png (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: cjForum pagination issues

by » 3 years ago

Looks to be some css stuff conflict with your template css. Which bootstrap layout are you using? Can I have the url to check it?

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/corejoomla
    If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 
    CjForum | Polls | Answers | Quizzes | Quotes | GPS Tools

by » 3 years ago

Well, thats a good question... I don't actually know! Our (soon-to-be replaced!) site template uses Gantry4, and pagination class comes from the template CSS, plus "jui/css/bootstrap"... (I think that is bootstrap3 came with gantry? I'll have to dig for that...)

I do have 'bootstrap3' enabled in the forum settings, and everything else looks fine now. (a few things - like the forum jump dropdown - were messed up when I first tried the forum on the default 'bootstrap2').

I'd send you the URL but I can't find the "confidential" tag in the editor here... does this forum support that? (We would rarely need it, but its nice to have...). 

Incidentally, what template are you using here??? Its really quite nice...

Thank you said by: madhu

by » 3 years ago

You can send it via PM, you can see the button below my avatar. Or use Contact Us form to contact over email.

This template is from JoomlaArt (JA Social), quite old though.

If you use our extensions, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
    Sociable | Surveys | 

Thank you said by: MICHAEL WALKER

by » 3 years ago

Oops! Our local DEV server is totally internal right now, as come to think of it I don't think I opened the port-forward when our gateway was last upgraded. As soon as I get that sorted, will PM you the url...

by » 3 years ago

Been doing some digging, and it certainly does seem there is a namespace conflict somewhere between our site template and yours... 

Looks like its in the pagenav and pagination classes ... I havent found a fix yet (Am no CSS guru!) but clearly if I mess a bit with those it's having an effect on the vertical pagination.

PLanning to migrate to new template, but its way down the road (J4!) ... I do need to get this working ASAP, want to migrate our forum SOON :D

by » 3 years ago

One thing I notice... 

Joomla-core.css ... if I turn off the "clear"s - I get something close to a fix:

Still a mystery to me! ?

30776_2_cjForum-pagination2.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 3 years ago

OK... almost solved this with CSS override in my template's custom css file:

#cj-wrapper div.pagination ul {
      display:inline !important;
      list-style-type: none;	
    }

#cj-wrapper div.pagination ul li {
      display: inline-block;
      text-align: center;
      border: 0px;
    }

But I'm still missing "something"... ( formatting looks a tiny bit off )

30777_2_cjForum-pagination3.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

by » 3 years ago

Try this

#cj-wrapper .pagination .component-content .pagenav {clear: none;}

Sociable | Surveys | 

Thank you said by: MICHAEL WALKER

by » 3 years ago

Actually, the "clear:none;" didn't change anything, but I was able to improve it by knocking out some padding. (see below)

I still cant figure out what's adding the remaining spacing, but I'm just going to leave it at that (that extra bit of separation is a little better for mobile, I think!). Anyway - our Joomla 3 template's days are numbered, what with Joomla 4 looming... ?

#cj-wrapper div.pagination ul li {
      display: inline-block;
      text-align: center;
      border: 0px;  
    padding:0px; }
    30782_2_pagination-for-the-nation.png (You do not have access to download this file.)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.