Sitemap / Feed Limit

dieformelek
dieformelek
  • dieformelek
  • 6 months ago

Hello Corejoomla, 

I try to realize a sitemap on CJforum categories, and found that RSS is already implemented.

Because RSS is also an accepted Sitemap format, I want to suggest a feature for the cjforum main configuration, where I can set a limit of shown posts for each category. This defined value is overwritable via Url query limit=0 to set them to all. I would like to have such link with limit=0 just for the RSS feed(s).
Otherwise explained: If we have 3000 topics in one forum category I wanna convey them all to Google Webmaster tools via the inbuilt RSS feed.

If there would be set 0 in the config, I could built direct menu-links to the categories to overwrite this setting for the normal users (which should see 20 topics at once, for example) - while still having set the main config limit option to 0 to have a full list for a complete list of all topics at the belonging RSS-feed and for google webmaster tools only. 

This would just need, I may, that the limit option for categories also includes 0 - which it does not at the moment, there are options availble between 5 and 100 topics. If I convey this limit of 100 topics feed to Google, 2900 topics (to stay with the above example category) would be not directly included in the search engine or "sitemap".

Better ideas are welcome, of course. 

Best regards, Pierre.

Access to viewing replies is restricted.
Showing 1 of 1 replies
You do not have permissions for replying to this topic.
Confirm delete? This action is irreversible and the data will be deleted permanently. Do you want to continue? Confirm Add New Delete Unpublish Cancel Import Uninstall The selected item successfully deleted.
Shondalai